Saturday, April 30, 2011

Aaron Theron Adkins b. Aug. 15, 1845

Aaron Theron Adkins
Aug 15, 1845
1929

Veteran of the Confederate States of American and survivor of the battle at Gettysburg, PA.


When I was a little boy my father took me to Aaron's grave. I grew troubled when I begin to realize that knowone could tell me of my gg-grandfather's life history and why the grave stone only had his name recorded. I first though, surely he was a good man and I purposed in my heart to find out why it was so and it has taken me over 40 years to learn the truth.


Aaron's Civil War grave marker



My first photo of Aaron was from a tin image relief that I received from 'Wild' Bill Adkins of Harts, WVa. Bill is my 2nd. cousin and he was my world history teacher in my sophmore year at Harts High School. Like so many things that school house doesn't exist any longer.


Aaron Theron Adkins
34th. VA CSA



This is the second and last photo that I have of Aaron and I believe it may also be found in the Ronnie Adkins, Adkins book titled: Adkins Land of York, Surrey County, England to Beach Fork, Wayne County, Virginia.

It's perhaps the best book ever written on any family history in all of America.

  • Aaron Adkins Family Group Sheet



  • Matthew 17:20 NIV

    He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you. "


    Learn more about my family history in stories and photos!


    Atkins Family History @ Yahoo!



    My inspiration for this post today came from the following Internet resource.

    Radizo - Free Online Radio Stations, Internet Radio, Online Music - radizo.com

    "I perfer the Arabic channel Beiruit Nights"

    Philip Atkins
    Tacoma, Washington


    Source;

    http://bit.ly/knObNW


    Copyright 2011 Atkins & Assoc. All rights reserved.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment