Saturday, October 31, 2009

My Life

My Life
October 31, 2009


I worked in Germany during the late 1970's, through the 80's and into the early 90's as a Hawk Missile Crew Member for the US Army.

It was a great experience and I was able to do quite a bit of traveling to many countries.

In fact I visited most of the countries in western Europe. Belgium and Germany are definitely two of my favorites. I'm particularly fond of the Greek island of Crete.

I retired from active duty in 1992 with many awards and decorations but the best experience was the soldiers and friends that I encountered along the way.

I returned to the states in the fall of 2008 after living in Germany for the previous two years. My vacation apartment was located on the border of the Alsace region of France in Germany's South Rheinland Pfalz.

Some of the most amazing places in which I visited were Normandy, France and Krakow, Poland. I've always been interested in WWII and since visiting these two places it has greatly shaped my view of the world.

Since there usually isn't any do-overs in life I believe that when you seek adventure it's the best road less traveled.

I wouldn't trade my experience for anything.


Philip Atkins
Tacoma, Washington

Atkins Surname Means; Son Of Adam
http://www.google.com/profiles/atkins.philip



###
end

No comments:

Post a Comment