Thursday, March 18, 2010

The HoBo

The HoBo
March 18, 2010


I once told Clairice Brumfield, my 9th. grade english teacher at Harts High School, that I wanted to become a hobo. She had asked the class that question and when it was my turn to answer I simply stated, 'when I grow up I want to be a hobo.' She got really frustrated with me but only to a point. My father signed her paychecks!

Defination of a HoBo

Buzz Potter of the National Hobo Association, responding to Billy's desire for a possible life as a hobo: "The word hobo describes a person who is curious about all things in in life, is self confident in his or her ability to lead a meaningful life, is fascinated with traveling and seeing new places and most of all shows respect for people. Hoboes believe in themselves and their future."

It looks as though I've achieved my objective.


###
end

No comments:

Post a Comment