Saturday, October 16, 2010

Artist: Nora DeBolt

Nora DeBolt painting forsale $500.00

Please note: If it's determined that this painting isn't a print it will be sold at auction.

click on photo for a better view


Iowa JohnBirchSociety - Aug. 5

Nora Debolt's work seems to have been picked up by a major print supplier for the chain department stores some 30 - 40 years ago.

The only actual original painting of hers I have seen online, not a print, went for $3,500.

Prints around $140, and that was poorly framed.


Source;

http://iowajohnbirchsociety.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!BF3D1FEAA8685016!6074.entry


Hi Philip,

Thank you so much for sending the photos! You have a print from Nora's Garden Patio series, they are quite rare and I am convinced there will not ever be another printing from the Kaplan co. They are more prevalent on the east coast, and I can pretty much guarantee that hardly anyone in the west actually owns one. This print could easily sell on ebay for 100. or more depending on the collector. I hope this helps you.

I should be very happy to have that print..I think I would be the only one on the west coast that did...

Take care, and thanks!
Susan

Visit my art at: www.beankittystudio.wetpaint.com Get Messy! Take Chances! Don't let life pass you by


Dear Susan,

Thank you so much for your quick reply. I feel honored to own this print especially since I basically rescued it from the recycle bin.

Please let me know if you're ever interested in a purchase and if not I'll gladly keep it with my household goods throughout my worldly travels.

Also, I still can't tell if it's an original unless I take it out of the frame?

Again, many thanks and best wishes on your future endeavours.

Good Day,

Philip


Sources;

http://mcaf.ee/jgx7q
http://bit.ly/noradebolt
http://bit.ly/NoraDeBolt


###
end

1 comment:

  1. Hello Philip! I just discovered this page..how wonderful!..Please let me know what happens to this painting? Thanks,
    Have a great day!
    Susan Lewis
    beankittystudio
    www.beankittystudio.wetpaint.com

    ReplyDelete