Sunday, January 23, 2011

John Malcolm Mitchell

John Malcolm Mitchell
"Soaring With The Eagles"


{click on the image for a larger view & to learn more...}
Phil prefers this alternate site obituary.

John Mitchell, a noted area musician and senior activities consultant, passed on to his greatest new job with Our Lord on November 3, 2005 at the age of 71. He was born in Ellensburg on September 11, 1934 and had lived in this area since 1979. John was a retired music educator and very active in bringing happiness to people through music.

For twenty years, John taught public school choral groups in Yakima, Moses Lake, Eugene and Kent. This gave him the background for his second calling, which he began in 1980 by serving people in the senior field and especially adopting new ideas in music activities for people in nursing and retirement homes. In his line of work with seniors, he brough musical enjoyment to about 70 Puget Sound area nursing homes from Puyallup to Bremerton and Olympia to Des Moines. He was also featured presenter at State WSAAP Conventions. He was a nationally certified Activity Consultant and held a lifetime teaching certificate. John was a member of Asbury Methodist Church in Tacoma and also worked in many local churches as a church musician and organist in his journey to serve where he was needed. His favorite saying was that when he died he would ask God "Do you have an jobs open?" John's favorite songs were "Turn, Turn, Turn" and
"Let It Be"

His hobbies included traveling, bowling, gold, square dancing, gardening and collecting eagles and light houses.

John is survived by his daughter Carrie Carroll, her husband Gene, and their two sons Joshua and Matthew (Spokane); son Greg J. Mitchell (Seattle) and his daughter Anna (Puyallup); son David Mitchell (Seattle), sister Lola Whitner (Seattle) and several nieces and nephews. He is also survived by his very dear friend and life companion Wanda Crawford (Steilacoom), her daughters Denise (Sammamish), Debra (Renton), Donna (University Place), and Diana (Tacoma) and their families. John was preceded in death by his mother and father, Henry and Flossie Mitchell, his brother Lloyd Mitchell, and his sister Eleanor Mitchell.

A celebration of life potluck will be held on Sunday, November 13, 2005 from 3:00 to 5:00 p.m. at United Church in University Place, 3912 Grandview Drive West. In lieu of flowers, it is asked that donations be made to the American Cancer Society or Franciscan Hospice of Tacoma.


Don't grieve for me, now I'm free;
I am following the path God laid for me.
I took His hand when I heard His call;
I turned my back and left it all.
I could not stay another day;
to laugh to love to work or play.
Tasks left undone must stay that way;
I've found that peace at the close of the day.
If my parting has left a void,
then fill it with remembered joy.
A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss;
ah, yes, these things I too will miss.
Be not burdened with times of sorrow;
I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow.
My life's been full, I savored much;
good friends, good times, a loved ones touch.
Perhaps my time seemed all too brief;
don't lengthen it not with undo grief.
Lift up your heart and share with me;
God wanted me now, He set me free.


Philippians 3:12-14
Ephesians 4:4-7
I Corinthians 12:4-11


Please sign our guest book!



Source;

http://bit.ly/jm11032005


Copyright 2011 Atkins & Assoc. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment