Saturday, December 5, 2009

The Gospel Truth

Hi Everyone,

I'd like everyone to consider the following story provided in the link below very closely.

Last Sunday I began to write a short message concerning the gospels.

In fact, I'd been wanting to write this story for several weeks but have been very busy working on other projects.

I wrote this message from one of our upstairs bedrooms which is probably the only story that I've ever composed on this particular computer.

I was about halfway through my message and on the television I began to hear that four Lakewood police officers had been killed at the Forza coffee shop in Parkland, Washington.

I live in Parkland too and this incident occurred just a few miles from my home.

This incident stunned our community for days as you might imagine.

Also, this incident occured only about a month after the two Seattle police officers were shot in their patrol car in which one of the officers perished.

My point? Life is short and know one knows what tomorrow will bring.

In addition to this one of my co-workers died this week. Her name was Dee Grylls. It was the second co-worker that I've lost in five short years. My other co-worker to perish was Sean Riley who worked along side of me in Iraq during my overseas duty from June 2005 until June 10, 2006.

Therefore, I earnestly ask that you read the following story and consider sharing it with your friends, family and co-workers.

Its perhaps the greatest form of kindness that you can perform this holiday season.

God Bless,

Philip Atkins
Tacoma, Washington


The Gospel Truth
December 5th. 2009

Continue to the story below....

John 18:33-38 - King James Version

Then Pilate entered into the judgment hall again, and called Jesus, and said unto him, Art thou the King of the Jews? Jesus answered him, Sayest thou this thing of thyself, or did ohers tell it thee of me?

Pilate answered, Am I a Jew? Thine own nation and the chief priests have delivered thee unto me: what hast thou done ? Jesus answered , My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

Pilate saith unto him, What is truth? And when he had said this, he went out again unto the Jews, and saith unto them, I find in him no fault at all.


The Gospel Truth
revelations.zoomshare.com/files/gospels.htm


###
end

No comments:

Post a Comment